Monday, September 22, 2008

A fun filled weekend!!!

We had such a great weekend! The weekend started on a great note knowing that Terry didn't have to work for the entire weekend (that's right...no call, no back-up call, no MRI shifts!) You wouldn't believe how long it's been since we've had a weekend like that! Needless to say, Breezy and I were very excited to have him all to ourselves the entire weekend!



We were blessed with absolutely gorgeous weather all weekend long! Which was perfect considering that there was two festivals going on near us. The city of Grand Blanc was having a family fun fair and the city of Fenton was having the annual Apple Fest. Both events had great rides, yummy food and tons of games!

*Remember to play the videos!!**


On Friday night we went to the Grand Blanc fair. Our neighbors Cory, Andrea and Natalie came along with us. Breezy had so much fun on the 'choo-choo' ride! She waved at us and giggled every time she went around the track! Then she played the 'fishing game' with daddy. They caught about 5 fish on the line all at once (and then the line broke off!). So they tried again with a new pole and caught the perfect fish! (won the "medium" sized prize which was a blue and pink fish!). Then mommy had to open her big mouth and say how much I use to LOVE the giant slide!! From then on, Terry said that I had to take Breezy down it (considering how much I use to LOVE it!). "I'm brave, I'm a fun mommy...I am going to take my daughter down the slide!" Well....I'm pretty sure that we got air on two of the bumps, I screamed like a little girl and I thought we were going to take down a five year old when we were flying off the slide at the end. After I bruised my tail bone, I realized that I definitely did not LOVE the slide as much as I use to! (FYI for those of you who would like to try this in the future: Having a child on your lap and weighing a lot more then when you were 10 yrs old...leads to a VERY fast ride down the slide....use at your own risk!) :)








On Saturday, we were off to Apple Fest! We met up with our neighbors Acacia and her mom Meretta. As soon as we walked in, we saw the pony rides! How perfect...Breezy absolutely loves horses and had never been close to one! Well....she clung to Terry and had a terrified look on her face when he brought her near one! So I took her, plopped her on the saddle and promised to hold her hand the entire time. As soon as I put her on, she got this huge smile on her face! She was so brave and had a great time!














I was so impressed with Breezy...she wanted to go on every kiddie ride there! She was never nervous and had so much fun on every ride! It was great to have her at the age where she could actually go on the rides! We all had a blast watching her! She would wave every time she passed us (even when the rides were going up and down and whizzing around!). We bought an apple pie and invited both sets of neighbors to our house at 8pm for yummy pie and ice cream! It was such a great day!








Here's a few random pictures from the week:



Breezy and her new BFF Natalie (the little girl who lives next to us):














Picnic at the park with our neighbors:














Dinner at the Rainforest Cafe:














I was always told that there was "treasure" at the end of the rainbow! Now I definitely believe it!














Breezy trying out daddy's new pull-up bar!














It's important to always hold hands and say prayer before a tea party! Too cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone.
What a wonderful group of pictures. They make me wish I had been there to share the moments with all of you. Our little girl is growing up so fast. Grandma is definitely going to have to sign up for a long weekend in Michigan and soon.
It makes me feel so good to see pictures of how happy you are.
Love and miss you, Mom (Grandma)

missliss5/Melissa said...

Holy smokes, I want to be your cute little Breezy and have my parents take me out for such a fun weekend. That looks like it was a blast!!

Acacia said...

Hi Guys:

I love the pics, especially of Suzi and Breezy on the slide! That looked like so much fun. All the pics are soo cute!! Breezy is adorable!