Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Day of School! Sept. 2, 2008

I can't believe it actually happened...our cute little pumpkin went to her first day of pre-school! She started her day by waking up an hour earlier than she normally does. When I walked into her room and said "Good morning", she looked at me with the cutest smile and said, "Mom, I want to go to school". How cute is that?? :-) We gathered all of her supplies and paperwork and then she was able to pick out a special snack for snack time (animal crackers and her own little water bottle). We put everything in her itty bitty backpack. Then I read her the adorable note that Terry attached to her backpack (and I almost cried when I read it to her! What a great daddy!!) I was a bit worried because whenever she talked about going to school, she would always add in..."And mama too!". Hmmmm...how do I tell her that mama will be leaving her there?? I decided to avoid it and not tell her until we were there. (no need for her to stress out ahead of time). She was so excited when we pulled up to the school! And then when the front door opened and she saw other kids there, her little face went white! All of a sudden it was, "Mama...up please!" She clung to me and put her head on my shoulder. Uh oh...I was afraid this was going to happen. There were five other kids her age there looking at books very quietly on the carpet. We hung her backpack up and sat and read a book together. I didn't want to be the mom that lingers, so I decide to break the news to her. I took her in the other room and told her that mama was going to leave for a little bit, but that I'd be back very soon and I would take her to a special lunch for her first day of school! Instant tears. At this moment I had to work up all the courage to be "Brave Mama" and not cry myself! What do you do in this situation? Distraction! I brought her to the infant room and showed her the cute baby that was there! The teacher was so nice and told Breezy that she could help her feed and play with the babies during the day. That was enough to make her eyes light up a little! And then Acacia came over and Breezy went right to her. I was even able to get a picture of her smiling as I was leaving!! And then Acacia (bless her heart!) sent me a text 15 minutes later saying that Breezy was doing great and that there were no tears! She even sent me a picture over the phone of Breezy playing! I felt so relieved!! When I picked her up, they showed me tons of pictures of Breezy throughout the day! She looked so happy and participated in everything! She even made cute little friends! Breezy didn't even run to me when she noticed that I was there to pick her up! I actually had to ask her for a hug!! She took me all around and showed me everything that she did. And of course she remembered that I was going to take her to a special lunch! So off we went. I am so happy and I know in my heart that this is the perfect place for Breezy! Her first day could not have gone better!




















Breezy and I ate lunch at a cute cafe near her school. We sat outside and had a great time! I let her order whatever she wanted. She wanted a waffle and milk! I had no idea that the children's menu waffle would actually be an adult sized Belgian waffle! Well, she must have worked up quite an appetite at school because she almost ate the entire thing!! Too funny!




















We're so proud of our little girl! And we feel so blessed to have such amazing neighbors that have allowed Breezy to come to their wonderful school!







P.S. I just dropped Breezy off for her second day of school and.............she did awesome!!!!! She didn't cling to me, she was happy to see her friends and she was talking so much to Acacia that she barely realized I was leaving!! How exciting!!!!

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Yay!!!! This is SO exciting! I loved hearing the play by play from you the other day and now seeing the pictures to go along with it is just cute as can be.

Kathy said...

where is she going to preschool?

kathy

ASHLI STOLEN said...

OMG Suzi, that was so cute how Breezy was reacting to that. I cant believe she is that big already. Hope to see you guys soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!