Thursday, June 26, 2008

June 2008 - (Brianna 30 months)

Thought I'd bring you all up to date by posting the pictures we've taken so far this month.

We've been very blessed to meet a family that has a great house on the lake. They are so sweet and have given us an open invitation to come spend time at the lake any time we want. They have their own little beach and two boats. The first time we were there, Breezy didn't know what to think of the sand and the water. She played the entire night on a towel!! By the second time we were there, she was loving the sand and walking in the water all by herself!! But her favorite part of the lake is riding in the boat. She asks me at least twice a day if we can go on the boat! You can see how her eyes light up when Scott told her she could "drive" the boat!

Jackie, Kelsey and Terry relaxing on the boat!

Terry having lots of fun wakeboarding!

Snuggling with Daddy!

Enjoying the beach and the water!

Melissa, Summer, Breezy and I all ready for a ride!

All the kido's were watching the baby snapping turtle find his way back to the water.

Breezy is SO EXCITED that she is able to "drive" the boat! I absolutely love her face in this picture! Too cute!

Someone is WAY tuckered out after a long day and night at the beach!

This is a random picture, but I had to include it. I thought it was so sweet how she was showing her baby the flowers and letting her baby carefully touch them! What a sweetie!


Our best friends from med school are sadly leaving us this week. Terry met Dan and Melissa his first weekend in med school and we all have been so close ever since. We both ended up in Ohio after graduation, and then Dan came to Michigan to do a residency in Ortho. One day he called up Terry and told him that there was an opening in his residency and that he should come interview. And...the rest is history. The Richards are moving to Naples, FL for a year of Sports Med Fellowship. They are renting their house out for the year, so they came to live with us for a week so their renters could move in. So, Dan, Melissa and all four of their kids moved into our basement. The week went so well and we had so much fun. It also went way too fast and they left without us feeling like we got enough time with them. The day they left we celebrated Summer's first birthday. What a little cutie pie! Breezy already misses her friends and I miss Melissa like crazy! I had forgotten how fun it was to live with another girl in the house! It was just like the good ol' college days (minus the 5 kids!!). We wish them all the luck in Naples. We're going to miss them.

Austin, Veronica, Breezy and Jessica!

Baby Summer dipping into her first birthday cake! She was so cute and just dipped her finger in over and over!

Thought this picture was funny! Melissa and all the kids trying their best to make Summer smile so Melissa could get the perfect picture (which I think she did!).


Breezy and I have been taking walks every day around our neighborhood. Her favorite part of the walk is when we cross the street to go see the horses at the horse farm. We count the horses and then talk about what color each one is. Then she tries to call them over. Today, the horses were in another area, so she decided that it would be just as much fun to pick flowers. For the rest of the walk she plucks the petals off one by one. (I even taught her how to say, "He loves me...he loves me not"!) I guess you can never start too young!

























3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

SOOOOO many cute pictures! MAN am I excited that you have a blog now! And your 'ode to the Richards' made me smile and get sentimental at the same time. Sigh. I miss you guys like crazy.

You sure got some fun pics of our celebration of Summer's birthday! Thanks again for decorating her cake so darling and letting us come live with you guys for our last week!

lisa said...

Hi Breezy! You look so grown up! I love your pink dress. I miss you so much!

Love, La La

Tomyn Family said...

I love the blog!! I have added your page to our friends and family links too. Tubing was so fun yesterday...we definitely need to do it again.