Monday, July 7, 2008

July 2008 (Brianna 31 months)

We've had a busy few weeks! After the Richards left, my parents came to visit for a long weekend. Then, two days after they left, Terry's mom and step-dad came to visit! Now everyone is gone and the house is way too quiet!!

We had a great time with my parents here! Breezy was so excited to see them pull up in the driveway! Right away she had them playing dolls, tea parties and throwing the ball back and forth! Breezy had so much fun wrestling with her Papa!! And Amma did a great job of trying to get Breezy to go on the 'big girl potty'! She did pretty well while my mom was here, but then times got crazy with more company and never being home. (I promise mom, I'll try to keep up with your hard work now that everything is settled down again!!) On Saturday, we all went to the Buick Open. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun! Terry took Breezy back for her nap (even though she would have loved to stay the whole time!) and my parents and I stayed for another 3 hours. It was especially fun to see the pros playing the course because Terry and I knew that we would be playing there for a 4th of July golf outing 4 days later! It was so sad to see my parents leave. For the first time, Breezy got a little teary when she realized that they were leaving. Needless to say, it made the rest of us get really teary eyed when we finally had to say goodbye.












My cousin Jenny (a.k.a. "Aunite Jen Jen") has always been so good about sending Breezy little presents in the mail. Breezy gets sooo excited when she realizes that the packages are for her! She always sends her the most adorable clothes from the Baby Gap. Here are a few pictures of Breezy modeling the 2 shirts that Jen sent her (plus a cute naked picture just for the fun of it!) I swear with those poses that Breezy has a modeling career in her future!!


GYMNASTICS!!! Breezy had her first gymnastics class last week! I was so nervous that she would be too shy and not want to try anything. I was SO wrong! Of course she wanted me by her side, but she did everything that the other kids did! It was so cute to see her get so excited! She even cried when we had to leave! We'll be signed up every Wednesday for the rest of the summer!


Having fun with Daddy! Breezy was showing daddy her new gymnastics skills by leaping off of her chair and flying right on top of him! She was so funny and had absolutely no fear! (I can't say the same for Terry...he had to cover up with all the pillows from the couch!!).


Terry's family arrived very late Thursday night. His mom and step-dad were more than willing to watch Breezy while Terry and I participated in a 4th of July scramble at Warwick Hills golf course (where the Buick open was held). We were invited to play by one of the doctors that Terry works for. It was so fun playing the course after seeing all of the pros play it the weekend before! Terry and I had never played a course with such fast greens and such THICK rough!! We both played really well.....o.k....so Terry played really well (a 79!!) and I played really well for the first 5 or 6 holes! :-) But, we had a great time and our team took 3rd place out of 18 teams!! Our team won a gift certificate for the pro shop. Dr. Lawrence and his fiance were so nice and gave their share to Terry so he could go buy the golf club he was so badly wanting to buy! Talk about nice!! :-) We ending the evening with a great buffet and yummy dessert table! Here's a picture of Terry cheering me on from the grand stands that were still up from last weekend. He said that he was my biggest fan....but from the looks of it....he was my ONLY fan!! haha :-)





Bev and Gary had so much fun spending some alone time with Breezy while Terry and I were at our outing. They took her to the park, took her for a long walk and played a lot of ball outside!! The next day, we all did a little shopping at the outlet mall and then we spent the rest of the day at the lake!! Scott and Lou Lawrence were so nice to invite us all out to their house (again!). So, we took Bev and Gary out there for all of us to enjoy the beautiful weather! Breezy had a great time playing in the sand and we all had a great time watching Terry wake board and water ski! And after a wonderful 2 days, it was already time for Bev and Gary to leave. We couldn't believe how fast the time went by. Next time, we are insisting that they stay for at least a week!!

After Bev and Gary left, Terry went out golfing with his friend Kelsey (he had to try out that new driver!). Kelsey's wife Jackie (Scott and Lou's daughter) invited Breezy and I out to the lake again. How can you say no to that!! I had so much fun with Jackie, her sister Jenny, her mom and her friend Kim! I felt like one of the girls! We had a great time hanging out at the beach and talking about all sorts of fun girl stuff! Terry and Kelsey arrived just in time to eat the ton of pizza that Lou ordered. Then, all the girls convinced me that I had to go out tubing with them!! I was so nervous!! I seriously think that the last time I was tubing was probably in middle school!! So, I gave in and ended up having the time of my life!!! I haven't laughed that hard in so long!! I think we were out on the tubes for at least an hour and a half and we finally went in only because it was so dark out that we could barely see each other once we fell off!! Needless to say, I'm a bit sore today and I have a giant bruise on my arm that's the shape of Texas.... :-) However....I'm counting the days until I can do it again!!!



































































2 comments:

lisa said...

Hi guys! Wow, you have been so busy! We love your pictures! Breezy is so beautiful (just like her mommy!). :-) We miss you so much.

We're off to go mini golfing (thanks for the idea Suz!).

Love you,
Lisa and Jay

Angie said...

Yay!! I finally got caught up on the Roman's Blog! This is great...I love to see all the fun that you guys are having. We miss you guys like crazy. Hugs and kisses to all of you.

Love,
Ang and the gang